Skip to main content

My top tips for looking good in photos

I just gave professional photography tips to Christian Connections international blog. Make your online dating profile photo stand out with my tops tips from my book
How to look good in photos

Read the article below or check it out here 

How to look good in photos written by Kate Branch
How to look good in photos, by Kate Branch 











As a photographer for twelve years, I’ve had my fair share of taking thousands of photos from people in a multitude of settings. Looking through the lens, I see something unique about their personality and characteristics.
Just about the biggest mistakes people make with their dating profile photo is that they don’t show any personality characteristics about themselves. One of the first things I explain in the dating profile chapter of my book How to Look Good in Photos is that your profile photo needs to stand out. It must communicate who you are and your interests in life, to attract the right partner. By posting a really great profile photo, you enhance your unique qualities, which will grab the attention of like minded suitors.
You are also essentially aiming to appeal to your target market, aka your potential life partner. There’s no point in posting a cute selfie with no insight into what drives you, so when you take your photo, keep this in mind. Learn to be proud of what makes you tick and make sure it’s crystal clear in your photo.
Wow, with a few tricks.
Use sunglasses, a fedora, a camera or something that represents your passions to help create your story. Love extreme sports? Take a photo while you’re snowboarding. Love to cook? Snap an image while you’re creating a masterpiece in the kitchen.
Face it.
Your main profile photo needs to show your face in the best light! If you have baby blue eyes that would have made Sinatra reach for contacts, then use your best assets and stare directly into the camera. If you have a smile that can shine through an eclipse, then grin your way through the photo.
Body form.
Positioning is important, helping you become more at ease with your body. Put your hand on your hip, in your pockets, run your hand through your hair or have it resting on your neck – your limbs are now props so they draw attention to your best features. It’s also important to angle your body, making sure only your face is direct towards the camera. This is called ‘slim and streamlined,’ where you place the weight on the front foot while slightly arching your back. These tips apply to guys also, so don’t square-on towards the camera, or your shoulders will look bulky.
Avoid Selfies.
Even though selfies have been trending for a year, they don’t usually show your best characteristics or bring your personality to life. On Christian Connection, look at some selfies and then review some action shot photos. I absolutely guarantee you’d be more interested in the latter.
Don’t just see online dating as a necessity to meeting people. See it as a pure opportunity to meet a like minded partner you can share experiences with. So put your best foot forward, using some of my tips, and you’ll be surprised with the new quality of attention you receive. It’s also a fun way for friends or family to take these photos of you, so enjoy snapping away.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Jean Claude and Kate Branch at Kirribilli house

As a mother of two nothing is more important to me than our children. My husband Jean-Claude and I attended a fundraiser at Kirribilli house that raised money for five wonderful children charities. We were honoured to personally meet The Honourable Malcom Turnball, Prime Minister of Australia and his amazing wife Mrs Lucy Turnball.  Jean-Claude and I were also honoured to listen to the address of the Honourable Dame Marie Bashir who also supports these charities especially Central Coast Kids in Need. Once again her Excellency Dame Marie Bashir said that children are the most precious resource we have. And that is very true. We are very thankful to attend such an amazing evening. Below are the amazing charities that funds were raised for. http://www.bearcottage.chw.edu.au/   Bear Cottage is the only children’s hospice in NSW, one of only two in Australia, and the only one in the world affiliated with a children’s hospital.  We provide support, respite and end

Porsche Power

Thank you Porsche Power magazine for publishing my photograph. 

40 years around the sun

  40 Years Around The Sun A Photographic Celebration of My Favourite Sunrises and Sunsets From Around the Globe As my 40th birthday approaches, in the midst of a pandemic, and without the option of a big party or far flung travel adventure on the cards, I’ve found another novel (COVID-friendly) way to celebrate. I’ve decided to utilise my skills as a photographer, bundled together with my passion for travel, to create a visual compilation of my favourite sunrises and sunsets from around the globe. Entitled 40 Years Around The Sun, this video art project is exactly that; a celebration of my own experience of forty years around this dazzling star, featuring 40 photos, all taken on my beloved Leica camera. It is a revival of my most treasured travel memories, in video form, a selection of my best photography work throughout the years, featuring the burning orb that connects us all; the sun. Even though I can’t physically travel with family or friends, I can still take them on a virtual